Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Your chance to SPEAK UP

I've discovered that in this world there are two kinds of people... there are GIVERS and there are TAKERS. As I evaluate our relationship (BLOGGER and READER) I've come to realize that I am a GIVER. Sadly, you appear to be a ... yeah, you're a TAKER. I give words, pictures (I'd like to give video, Jessica says it's possible but what does she know)... and what do you give? Other than Jessica, you can't seem to manage even an occassional comment on the BLOG.  You know what that makes you??? You guessed it.


Here's the question that you should all consider, with much trepidation and then comment upon...

Suppose for a moment that I have a BIG Price is Right wheel. On the wheel are all the integer numbers between 1 and 99. When spun, the wheel will land on a single, utterly random number. The number spun then INSTANTANEOUSLY becomes your new age (in years). Spin the wheel and become a new age... something random between 1 and 99. Instantaneously you'll miraculously have the body with that many years on it (your mind stays as-is). If a 9 comes up, have a nine year old body. If a 91 comes up... you'll get the 91 year old body you deserve. Today, you have to make your reservation for when you're going to spin the wheel. You can reserve a day 10-years from today to spin... you can spin it today... you can spin it 90-years from today.

OK, here's the question-
When would you make your reservation to spin the wheel?

4 comments:

  1. I would spin the wheel in 35-years... at the ripe age of 75.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to spin the wheel now. One might wonder why. There is so much more to learn and experience. My children barely arrived... but now, right now, I understand true loss that rocked me to my very core, right now I understand a love that only exists between a parent and child... and right now, I understand that God gave me the strength to endure both. I would spin the wheel right now. Loss may be great, but God's blessings are many and I understand that right now. What more do I need to know?
    (Always feels good to give, doesn't it?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It'll be great to see you guys later this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One question.... in the picture of the 5 pairs of feet on the right hand side of your blog, there are four with painted toenails. Eric... do you get pedicures with Barb? Should we be concerned about you?

    ReplyDelete