Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Dad gets to take Stephanie on a DATE

It all started with... My loving wife leaving the house to celebrate a friend's birthday while Jacob and Jessica were invited to spend the night with a friend.  This left me (aka Dad) with a unique opportunity - one on one with my youngest, most incredibly cute daughter, Stephanie.  Who, I might add, I adore immensely.

We decided to change into clothes more suitable for a DATE.  I told Stephanie that she was in charge of selecting our attire.  She chose for me a very comfortable and good-looking (I look good in most everything) brown button-down shirt with a green tie.  Yeah, you read that correctly - a tie.  Afterall, this is an important date with Stephanie.  Stephanie chose to wear a very pretty white blouse with a baby blue cover thingie.  She also went with a couraroy (does anybody know how to spell that?) skirt and shoes.  She would be sure to point out that she chose shoes with "heels."  I took some pictures-

and a shot of just me-

I then asked Stephanie to decide what we'd do... what would we do?  What would she chose for our BIG DATE.  We decided to go with the traditional - Dinner and a Movie.  Yeah, I'm so current.  We got in the car (yes I opened her door) and on the way she asks me... I thought this was AWESOME.  Stephanie's sitting in the back seat, and she tells me I can't turn around and look at her.  She starts to ask me... "What color shirt am I wearing?"  ... and ... "What kind of dress am I wearing?"  ... and ... "Am I wearing shoes with heels?"  I think she wanted to know if I actually noticed her, and, of course, I got every question right because Stephanie (my wonderful daughter) is INCREDIBLY NOTICEABLE.

We went to an Italian (pizza house) eatery.  While there, we both made funny faces and took pictures-

And Stephanie got her picture too-

The meal was pretty awesome.  We had Canadian Bacon... We talked about how school was going and what friends she likes the most at school.  Stephanie doesn't have any problems at all opening up.  We then went to the movie where we saw How to Train Your Dragon.  On the drive home we got to talk about our favorite parts of the movie and what made us laugh the most.

Stephanie is a GREAT DATE.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a ton of fun! How cute is that Stepha-noodle girl! Love her tons! Give her a big squeeze for me!
    Aunt Jessica

    ReplyDelete