Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I'm Mr. Snow-Miser...

Everyone went to bed on Tuesday night with the anticipation of snow... and with the possibility of snow there was the possibility of - NO SCHOOL.

Unfortunately, the day started drearily enough, only RAIN (with me dropping the kids off at school) which of course meant school was IN (DRAT!)
What's that white stuff on the ground at school?


But, as you can see, the possibility of snow (and at least partial snow day precipitated in the minds and hearts of every child this fateful day)


With the kids dropped off, I headed off to work.  That's when the snow flurries hit and I remembered the two bald tires I had on the back of the Honda.  At about the 12-minute mark in my commute the car fishtailed... I corrected to avoid the guardrail... corrected again to get back in my line (whew, no cross traffic), corrected again to avoid that DANG GUARDRAIL again, and then a minor correction to get back in my lane... near death experience, CHECK.  Coffee, still warm.  I didn't even charge the poor guy in the pick-up truck behind me for the NASCAR show.

At about 1PM the kids were sent home from school and the offiical snow day festivities began-


















And Stephanie too-


















I didn't get any shots of Jessica, but we did take pictures of her snowmen-















And the neighbors snowmen-














Most of the snow in our yard disappeared in the MASSIVE SNOW BALL FIGHT!  In case your curious, the score finished something like-
  . Jessica: 14
  . Jacob: 12
  . Stephanie: 2
  . Neighborhood kids: 7
  . Me: 1.45Million

We love snow in AUSTIN, TX

1 comment:

  1. You call this snow? We call this frost. ;) Maybe you should move to CO!

    ReplyDelete